Friday, August 22, 2008

Blessed or Cursed???

Meet my little friend "Curly":














Matt came home on Tuesday night, and said he had something for us in the car. He returns with this kitten in his hands. The girls were thrilled beyond words. I think the only time the kitten's feet hit the floor, was when he had the chance to escape the girls arms, and would hide under the chair. Maylee did not understand why he was hiding. Hopefully you can guess that Maylee did name this little kitten....not sure where "Curly" came from, but it has stuck.














The girls have had so much fun with Curly, they carry him around in all sorts of things. They have put him in every cabinet, almost every bag they could find (even Maylee's Chick-fil-a bag), stuffed him in a blanket and put in their shopping cart and pushed him around (I was glad to uncover this, literally, when I did....can't believe he didn't suffocate). I can't decide if he is lucky to have a home with such "loving" little girls, or cursed! He really is good with them and has a good nature to him. We are trying to slowly introduce him to Lil Roy. Lil Roy has been such a good cat, we don't want him to run off (Big Roy will be the next challenge)


Proof that this kitten does have claws. I have not seen him use them, but I guess he can stick up for himself some what. Maylee is fine, looks worse than it is. I think she might even be a little proud of these "love marks"!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I remember a couple of other little girls who used to love/terrorize cats. But look how far our cats made it! Princess lived almost 20 years!