Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Most things change, but a few stay the same....

Last weekend we met up with some college friends in College Station for the 10th Annual "Aggie Reunion". It is always the first weekend in August, so we always know it is on the calender. We had a blast getting together with friends. It is fun seeing the play together as well. So here are a few notes from the weekend:

Things that have changed:

-Our kids now total 12, with four being added in the past year!
-Us moms stay up way past our bedtime...we are talking 12am here!
-After 8, baby monitors are EVERYWHERE!
-Schedules are dictated by nap times
-College Station!! There are so many new establishments! (I remember hearing that from alums when I was in school, can't believe it is now me saying this!)


Things that have stayed the same:

-Friends always having a good time together
-The guys late night poker games (somehow the guys nightly events haven't really been altered)
-Walking around A&M's main campus (main campus is the key word)
-Daddy Burt's little white truck parked at the Tri-Delt house

It was good time had by all, and we look forward to next year!



Somehow this was the best picture I got of most of the kids (Matt had the room so cold, it fogged my lens).










A little girls night fun....it would scare the guys if they knew everything said that night! Got to love girl talk!





A tour on campus for the little ones. It was fun. It did end up with a melt-down in the MSC Bookstore for us...I think we really wore them out.



























1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait until I can initiate Natalee and Jack! I am dying to get down there to see all the changes. Makes me a little "homesick!"