Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Days


Today was the first day back to school (Mothers' Day Out/Preschool). I don't who was more excited, the girls or me! Last night I let the them put on their new school shoes (which have lights that flicker when they stomp), we turned off the lights, and we saw quite the light show.
Today Maylee could hardly wait to get to school b/c her bff Chloe is in her class. We have had many talks about including others while playing, and listening to the teacher. When I picked her up she told me that Chloe and her did not hit each other. I thought...wow, that is really great. She really throws me sometimes.
Ella did great. She did shed a few tears, after she walked in all by herself and then saw another little boy crying. Totally the domino effect. When I picked her up, several teachers were bragging on how Ella slept 45 minutes on her nap mat!!!!! Everyone was shocked!!! Last year, when she had a crib all to herself, she was usually the only one who had to be pushed up and down the halls in a stroller so she didn't wake the others during nap time. Yeah!!! Our small victories. She did go to bed early tonight, I guess we are getting back on our normal schedule and saying goodbye to summer.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

So cute! Next time you have that talk with Maylee, can I send the girls over? They could use a refresher.

Glad everyone had a great day!

Unknown said...

They look so precious. I love their shirts. Aren't you glad that school is back in? :-)

Anna and the boys said...

You're girls are precious! I can't wait to meet Hadley. :) From across the hall, I haven't heard one thing bad about your girls! They are doing great.