Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A new first

On last Thursday, I took Maylee to Aunt Chelle and Uncle James's house. She was riding with them to the lake, and GG and Bop and great Grandmother and Grandaddy were going to be there too. We let Maylee go, since I'm too far along to travel that far. Beforehand, she said she was a little nervous, but I knew she would be fine. I think we were probably more nervous since this was the first time she was away from us for multiple days/nights.

Ella had to sit this one out, but it we had good one-on-one time with her. I think it was perfect, especially with the baby coming. I was nervous, however, about Ella would handle not being around Maylee. She actually did well. She would ask about her now and then, but it wasn't constant like I feared.

We picked Maylee up on Sunday evening. We pulled and Chelle and Maylee were standing on the front steps...Matt and I excitedly started waving at our baby....her reaction....she looked at us, started crying and pointing across the street. You see, Chelle had told her they could go across the street (a park) and wait for us. We ruined her plans coming before she got to go to the park! How dare us!! Not quite the welcoming greeting we had envisioned. I really don't think she missed us at all. It's not too surprising as Matt and myself were like that too. We know Maylee will love going to camp, once she is old enough. She had a blast and has been telling us many stories about the lake.

Maylee and Ella were glad to see each other. They definitely are reunited, tearing it up as usual.

No comments: