Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School!!!!

Wow, what a big day for a little girl.  This is such a huge benchmark Maylee hit today.  Not a tear was shed (by her or me!!).  She was so excited, which just makes me so excited for her.  She is eager to learn and adjusts very well to new surroundings.  I know she is going to have a great year.  She loves her teacher...and I do to.  I told her I think she has one of the sweetest teachers ever, and she agrees.  We got to meet her teacher last week, and after Maylee talked to her, one of the first things she said about her was, "Mom, she said she has been praying for me"!    How sweet and special is that!!??!!  She made quite an impression.

This morning the school had breakfast called The Boo-hoo Breakfast for Kindergarten moms and Senior moms.  I think there were definitely more tears coming from the senior side.  The President of the school spoke, and had a great story.  He called it the tree house and garden, to sum it up, he never fixed up an old tree house for his kids begged for, or planted a garden his kids wanted to plant.  Now, he would give anything to go back and build the biggest tree house, and plant the grandest garden.  Point being, take advantage of every opportunity with your kids, as it passes so quickly.  What great advice, advice that I'm sure I will need to remind myself of often.  All in all, it has been a great day.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

She looks adorable...so glad it was great day!

Unknown said...

She looks so excited and happy! That little uniform might be the cutest thing ever, but it is on the cutest little girl. So cute Leigh Anne!

meredith said...

She looks so cute and like such a big girl! Happy to hear that all is going well so far!

Lindsay Wagner said...

so exciting! still remember visiting her in the Nicu right after she was born....where does the time go!!! so proud of miss maylee....what a big girl!!! and really proud of you for not crying! :) i go to new york on thursday and once i get back, can we PLEASE get together!!! can i lure you here with some cupcakes??? i know the way to get you here...hee, hee!!!