Monday, August 23, 2010

The day before Kindergarten...

Today we had a special day, as it was the last day before Maylee starts school. I had decided I would take Maylee and Ella to the American Girl store for lunch. GG happened to be in town, so she was able to join us, which made it extra special! The girls loved every minute. We did have a funny moment where Kit was decapitated, yep her head just came off. I tried to fixed it as fast as I could not to traumatize any of the other little girls in the store!

Another funny thing...the other day we were in the car and talking about school starting and I told Maylee, "you are about to start the beginning of a long journey". She was puzzled so I told her that after Kindergarten she would go to 1st, 2nd and so on through high school. Then I told her after high school she would go off to college for 4 years. I could see fear cover her face, and she said "I don't want to move off", so I told her she could live with us and go to college, but promised her that she would want to move to college. She seemed a little less worried, but then told me she just wouldn't go to high school or college!!! Boy does she have that wrong! But it was funny.
Leigh Anne

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

how in the world are you already talking to your kids about heading off to college? i feel like that was just US...starting good times being a krueger callgirl! :)

Kristen said...

I am laughing out loud about Kit. I can't wait to take E to that store sometime soon!