Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Baby Brain"

When I was working, I remember being on one particular audit where the client I was working with made a remark pertaining to childbirth, and with the loss of the placenta there is also loss of brain cells. I laughed then, thinking it sounded funny, but completely clueless how true that statement could be.

I must confess I'm officially diagnosed with "Baby Brain". I don't know if it has to do with the lack of sleep, too many things to do and keep up with, but I'm there. Perfect example...last week at gymnastics, one mommy wanted to get my cell phone number (easy right!!???......WRONG). It took me three tries before I got it right!! THREE TRIES! I've had the number for about five years!! Seriously.

After talking to one of my friends who just had her second baby, she told me she forgot the year of her oldest daughter's birth date...and she is only four. So I was in good company. Hopefully these brain cells will be replaced soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I don't think you have to have had a baby for that to happen... I think it's just old age setting in.

Love, Your Cousin