Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not quite what I had imagined.....

Yesterday I had my last sonogram of this pregnancy. I love my doctor, she routinely does a sonogram at the first appointment, and then at 18 weeks and 30 weeks with a level 2 OBGYN (sonograms are all they do). It was at my 30 week sonogram with Maylee, when we discovered her heart defect. It was easier to see the defect obviously the bigger she was. So I'm so grateful that my doctor does the later sonogram.

Since I have had a high risk baby, my following babies have been looked at very carefully. Usually just an extra sonogram at week 22, but yesterday they used one of their 3D machines too. I was hopeful (but not too optimistic) that we would get a good 3D shot. As you can see, I wouldn't call it great. The best thing we saw in 3D was a leg. So we will just have to wait about 10 more weeks (maybe less!) to see for ourselves what our new precious baby looks like!

I'm just so thankful that everything looks perfectly healthy with this little girl....what a true blessing.

No comments: