Monday, June 9, 2008

Days of Grace

This past weekend was wonderful. I had the chance to get away with our MGM group (Mom's Gone Mild) to Austin. All I had to worry about was me. I stood in awe as I had only one packed bag! We laid around the pool, ate, relaxed, and tried not to worry about our kids.....key word TRIED. No, the dads did great, and we all were grateful.

I left Austin a little early to make it back in plenty of time for Maylee's dance recital. She looked so cute all dressed in yellow. I told Matt this was probably his first of many recitals yet to come....he laughed, knowing there was so much truth to that statement. In all the excitement of yesterday, Maylee missed her nap. So while on stage, she had several really big yawns, but she did great. How can a bunch of three year olds dancing to Kermit the Frog not be one of the cutest things you've ever seen?
We were able to pick up our dancer's pictures at the recital, and I could not help but laugh when I saw the group shot. Our little grace.....pretty much sums Maylee up! I'm sure we will always get a laugh out of this:
She definitely does things her own way! Here is her cute individual pic:

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Too cute! I guess I am the only one not on the blogging train! Love the pics of Maylee. Glad it all worked out!

Leslie said...

so cute! yes, that picture will always make you smile. i'm so glad you joined our little blogging world!

Erin said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you have a blog! I can't wait to see more pictures of your sweet family and catch up with what's going on.
By the way, Maylee is precious. What sweet pictures!
Miss you, friend-

Anna and the boys said...

Adorable! I am glad things worked out. Welcome to blogging!

Unknown said...

So precious! That picture of Maylee all by herself makes her look so grown up. I am telling you this blogging thing is addicting. :-)