Friday, May 1, 2009

When it rains...it pours.

What a week we have had.

Sunday I went up to my parents for the night. The next morning when it was time to go, Ella was telling me bye...apparently she wanted to stay, which actually worked for us. So I left her, thinking I would get her the next day or so.

Well, I got home, and Matt wasn't feeling well. So later that evening, he was feeling so bad I took him to CareNow. I didn't want to take Maylee and Hadley in, so I sat in the car with them, waiting on Matt. THREE HOURS later, Matt comes out. Pneumonia. He felt so bad.

Tuesday he slept most of the day. Then Tuesday afternoon, I kind of started to feel a little "off". I was running a fever and had a horrible sore throat. I had strep throat two weeks ago, so I promptly went to the doctor Wednesday morning.....strep again. Lovely, just lovely.

Matt's mom came into town to take care us. Matt started to feel better, but had this red stripe on his leg. We all were concerned so he went back to CareNow. They thought it could possible a blood clot, so they sent him straight to the ER. After a sonogram, they ruled out a blood clot, and determined it to be the MRSA, a staph infection. It was in his lymph nodes in his upper thigh. They gave him an iv and antibiotics, and then sent him home at 12:30 am.

Thursday I decided to take Maylee to the doctor, b/c she had an infected toe, and I wanted to make sure it was not MRSA (which she had before as an infant). We got to the doctor, she wasn't that concerned about MRSA, but Maylee did have an ear infection.

Meanwhile back at home, Matt's stripe is getting larger, so he goes back to the ER. They decided to admit him. So that is where we are, he is still in the hospital with an iv and strong antibiotics. I think he will be there a day or two longer. Hopefully he can get over this fast.

Oh, and Ella is still at my parents! So it turned out good that she missed out on all of this, and she is being spoiled with trips for ice cream, Chuck E. Cheese, and movies....she isn't missing us in the slightest, she may just cry when she has to come home. Maylee and Hadley are loving the GG time too. Maylee is quite accustomed to the daily Starbucks run!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh no Leigh! I will be praying for Matt's quick recovery!

Heather said...

I cannot believe all of this! What a wild week. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope everyone gets better soon.