Monday, March 16, 2009

Surprise!!!!

Saturday started off as a pretty normal day. Matt's parents had been in town and were coming over for lunch before heading back home. They got here, and Matt and I headed out to pick up the food. Matt called in the order, and he started ordering a ton of food....if you know my husband, you wouldn't be too surprised by this as he tends to get really excited about food. We needed to stop and get tea, so as I was going to run into Chick-fil-a to get the tea, Matt told me to get 3 gallons, now I know we like sweet tea, but three gallons!!??? Finally I just gave in and got three gallons. As we were driving back and approaching our house, I started noticing there were several cars at our house. I said something to Matt, and....


Surprise!!! He said, it's your birth day!! Sweet boy, he had my parents, Michelle and James, and his parents all come in to celebrate my birthday....the big 3-0. I know he put a lot of thought and effort into this, and he really made it special.


It was also great hearing Michelle saying "Ok everybody hide!" as we were coming in, even though the cars were parked up front. Michelle, you know I love you!!


Thank you family for celebrating with me, and thank you sweet friends for the birthday wishes. I had a great and wonderful day or days that is, as I got to celebrate 2 days!!


Check out my cool cake:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So Sweet of him! Me and Terry turn the big 3-0 here in a few weeks! Well...Terry is...I am 29 and holding from here on out!!

ma P said...

Leigh Ann, your next 10 years will be so much fun. Just sit back and enjoy the days growing those girls into Jesus-loving young ladies.
Put anything that smacks of stress and worry into God's hands and delight in Him, and watch as He gives you the desires of your heart. I found that the desires of my heart had nothing to do with stuff. Blessings, young one!!